The federal court system is undergoing an upgrade to the financial systems effective November 2017. This upgrade will affect all vendors who will be continuing to do business with any of these agencies within the Western District of Missouri:
- Determine if you have previously registered with SAM. If so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you are already registered. Please include your DUNS number in the email.
- Determine if you have already applied for and received a DUNS number. If you have not, go to http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform to request one. There is no fee for this service.
- Determine whether your business has been issued a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code. If you do not have a CAGE code for your entity, one will be assigned automatically during the SAM registration process.
- Go to www.sam.gov and register. There is no fee for this service. (Please note: be sure you go to www.sam.gov, and not www. sam. com. The .com address is fraudulent!)
- SAM Registration Information – To complete SAM registration, you will need the following information. Please allow up to 10 business days after you submit your registration for it to become active in SAM.
- Business Information: name, address, email, business start date, fiscal year-end close date, Tax Identification Number (SSN or EIN), Points of contact (name, phone/email)
- Banking Information: ABA Routing Number, Account Number, Bank ACH (phone or email)
- Other Information:
- Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code. Note: If you do not have a CAGE code for your entity, one will be assigned automatically during the registration process.
- DUNS Number
- Further Information – If you need further SAM information, SAM Quick Reference Guides, answers to Frequently Asked Questions, and demonstration videos are located on the SAM.gov website under the ‘Help’ tab.
- Further Assistance – If you need further assistance, please contact the SAM Help Desk at www.fsd.gov, 866-606-8220 or the Help tab on the SAM website.
An IRS review of your SAM application will follow your registration; please note that this process may take up to ten business days. You will be notified by email again when that review is complete, and your SAM account is officially activated.
- When you receive the final confirmation email, forward the email and your DUNS number to email@example.com. Then we will be able to link your SAM account to the Western District of Missouri accounts payable system. You’ll be all set to receive EFT payments in November!