The United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri has retained exclusive jurisdiction to conduct naturalization ceremonies for applicants seeking citizenship. The ceremonies are presided over by a United States District Judge, Magistrate Judge, or Bankruptcy Judge and are primarily held in the Kansas City courthouse.
The US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) should be contacted directly for procedures on becoming naturalized. Visit the US Citizenship and Immigration Service website, www.uscis.gov, for answers to common questions, copies of forms, and general information about the US Citizenship and Immigration Service. Applicants seeking citizenship will receive their ceremony date and time from the US Citizenship and Immigration Service.
2019 NATURALIZATION DATES
- Thursday, August 29, 2019 - Kauffman Stadium - picture video
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 11:30 am only (Missouri State University, Springfield, MO)
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 9:00 am pictures | 11:30 am pictures | 2:00 pm pictures
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 9:00 am pictures | 11:30 am pictures | 2:00 pm pictures
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019 - 11:00 am only (Kansas City Missouri Public Library, Kansas City, MO)
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 9:00 am pictures | 11:30 am pictures | 2:00 pm pictures
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 9:00 am pictures | 11:30 am pictures | 2:00 pm pictures
2020 NATURALIZATION DATES
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 11:00 am only (North Kansas City YMCA)
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 9:00 am pictures | 11:30 am pictures | 2:00 pm pictures
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020
- Wednesday, August 19, 2020
- Wednesday, September 16, 2020
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Dates are subject to change. Please contact the courthouse to verify ceremony information.
Ceremony Location and Times
Unless otherwise noted, all ceremonies are conducted in the Kansas City Courthouse, Courtroom 8C at 9:00 am, 11:30 am and 2:00 pm and last approximately 45 minutes.
All APPLICANTS FOR CITIZENSHIP must arrive at the time indicated on the notice from the USCIS.
Family and friends may arrive with applicants, but seating in the courtroom does not begin until 15 minutes prior to the ceremony.
Photographs and Camera Use
Cameras are only allowed in the courtroom during naturalization ceremonies. No cell phones are allowed in courthouse
Naturalization records of persons naturalized in this court are stored according to date and may be obtained by contacting the agency listed below:
- From 1992 to Present
U.S. District Court – Western Missouri
- From 1991 and Prior
National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Kansas City Region
400 West Pershing Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64108
If you wish to replace a lost Certificate of Naturalization, you must complete form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization Citizenship Document, and pay the appropriate fee. The form and additional filing information is available at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website: USCIS.GOV under search our site, look for form N-565 or click the following link, https://www.uscis.gov/n-565.