You are here

Naturalization Ceremonies

The United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri has retained exclusive jurisdiction to conduct naturalization ceremonies for applicants seeking citizenship. The ceremonies are presided over by a United States District Judge, Magistrate Judge, or Bankruptcy Judge and are primarily held in the Kansas City courthouse.

Naturalization Procedure

The US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) should be contacted directly for procedures on becoming naturalized. Visit the US Citizenship and Immigration Service website,, for answers to common questions, copies of forms, and general information about the US Citizenship and Immigration Service. Applicants seeking citizenship will receive their ceremony date and time from the US Citizenship and Immigration Service.

Dates, times and locations of ceremonies are directly mailed to applicants by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.



2021 - Present & Live Streamed - Naturalization - Federal Court, Western Missouri - YouTube

Ceremony Location and Times

All APPLICANTS FOR CITIZENSHIP must arrive at the location and at the time indicated on the notice from the USCIS.

Photographs and Camera Use

Cameras are only allowed in the courtroom during naturalization ceremonies. No cell phones are allowed in courthouse.

Naturalization Records

Naturalization records of persons naturalized in this court are stored according to date and may be obtained by contacting the agency listed below:

  • From 1992 to Present
    Clerk’s Office
    U.S. District Court – Western Missouri
    (816) 512-5030
  • From 1991 and Prior
    National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
    Kansas City Region
    400 West Pershing Road
    Kansas City, Missouri 64108
    (816) 268-8000

Lost Certificate

If you wish to replace a lost Certificate of Naturalization, you must complete form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization Citizenship Document, and pay the appropriate fee. The form and additional filing information is available at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website: USCIS.GOV under search our site, look for form N-565 or click the following link,