You are here

Bankruptcy Unclaimed Funds on Deposit in Court Registry

Unclaimed Funds Procedures

All unclaimed funds paid into the court pursuant to 11 U.S.C. Section 347(a) shall be deposited into the United States Treasury. To search for Unclaimed Funds or print the Unclaimed Funds Report, click here.

The release of unclaimed funds may occur only after the claimant/filer:

  1. Files an Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds with the Court.
  2. Provides documentation evidencing "ownership" of the unclaimed funds.

For detailed instructions, click here.

The following sample forms are available:


Attorneys must file applications electronically. Non-attorneys should send their application and accompanying documents to the court address below. Fax filings are not accepted.

Court Address:

U.S. Bankruptcy Court
400 E. 9th Street, Room 1510
Kansas City, MO 64106

Questions concerning these procedures should be sent to the court address above or by emailing