The United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri has retained exclusive jurisdiction to conduct naturalization ceremonies for applicants seeking citizenship. The ceremonies are presided over by a United States District Judge, Magistrate Judge, or Bankruptcy Judge and are primarily held in the Kansas City courthouse.
The US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) should be contacted directly for procedures on becoming naturalized. Visit the US Citizenship and Immigration Service website, www.uscis.gov, for answers to common questions, copies of forms, and general information about the US Citizenship and Immigration Service. Applicants seeking citizenship will receive their ceremony date and time from the US Citizenship and Immigration Service.
Held in the Kansas City, Missouri courthouse at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm each date, unless otherwise noted. Applicants are requested to arrive by 8:30 am for the 10:00 am ceremony and by 11:30 am for the 1:00 pm ceremony.
2017 NATURALIZATION DATES
- Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Thursday, February 16, 2017
- Thursday, March 2, 2017, 1:00 pm only (Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, 4525 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64111)
- Thursday, March 16, 2017
- Thursday, April 13, 2017
- Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 11:00 am only (The Kansas City Public Library, 14 W. 10th Street, Kansas City, MO 64105) Parking Garage is located just west of library (NO free parking)
- Thursday, May 11, 2017 - Jefferson City Courthouse 1:00 pm
- Thursday, May 18, 2017
- Thursday, June 1, 2017, 11:00 am only (University of Missouri Kansas City-UMKC Student Union - 5100 Cherry St. Kansas City, MO 64110) Parking is located at the 5100 Cherry St Garage - 5th floor only - metered parking - NO free parking / Or you can park at a pay lot or on the street
- Friday, June 2, 2017, 11:00 am only (MCC-Penn Valley Campus, Physical Education Building, 3200 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111) Parking located at the college garage located just east of the college
- Thursday, June 15, 2017
- Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Thursday, August 3, 2017, 1:00 pm only
- Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Thursday, August 24, 2017, 1:00 pm only (The Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, 4525 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64111) Limited parking in lot located at 45th Street and Rockhill Road. Parking Garage located under museum on Oak Street. (NO free parking)
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - Springfield/MSU 10:00 am only (Missouri State University, 901 S. National Ave., Springfield, MO 65897) Click here for Parking information.
- Thursday, September 14, 2017
- Friday, September 15, 2017 – Harry S. Truman Library 10:00 am
- Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Thursday, October 26, 2017
- Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Thursday, November 16, 2017
- Thursday, November 30, 2017, 10:00 am only (The Kansas City Public Library, 14 W. 10th Street, Kansas City, MO 64105) Parking Garage is located just west of library. (NO free parking)
- Thursday, December 14, 2017
Dates are subject to change. Please contact the courthouse to verify ceremony information.
Photographs and Camera Use
Cameras are only allowed in the courtroom during naturalization ceremonies. No cell phones are allowed in courthouse
Naturalization records of persons naturalized in this court are stored according to date and may be obtained by contacting the agency listed below:
- From 1992 to Present
U.S. District Court – Western Missouri
- From 1991 and Prior
National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Kansas City Region
400 West Pershing Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64108
If you wish to replace a lost Certificate of Naturalization, you must complete form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization Citizenship Document, and pay the appropriate fee. The form and additional filing information is available at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website: USCIS.GOV under search our site, look for form N-565 or click the following link, https://www.uscis.gov/n-565.