Certificates of Good Standing are available through the District Court CM/ECF Website found at https://ecf.mowd.uscourts.gov. The United States Courts, Western District of Missouri interprets "good standing" as an attorney who has fulfilled all requirements to be a member of the bar (Local Rule 83.5) and has no current disciplinary actions recorded. Additionally, the attorney is current with all dues required by the court. Attorneys requesting a certificate, attesting to their status, are required to pay a $19 fee.
To request a Certificate of Good Standing, the attorney must:
- Login into the District CM/ECF Website (attorney's login and password required).
- Select Civil from the menu bar.
- Select Certificate of Good Standing (located under the Attorney Admissions Events section).
- Complete the required fields.
- Pay $19 fee via www.pay.gov.
The Clerk's Office will:
- Confirm the status of the attorney.
- Prepare the Certificate of Good Standing and affix an electronic seal.
- Email the Certificate of Good Standing to the requesting attorney.