The United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri has retained exclusive jurisdiction to conduct naturalization ceremonies for applicants seeking citizenship. The ceremonies are presided over by a United States District Judge, Magistrate Judge, or Bankruptcy Judge and are primarily held in the Kansas City courthouse.
The US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) should be contacted directly for procedures on becoming naturalized. Visit the US Citizenship and Immigration Service website, www.uscis.gov, for answers to common questions, copies of forms, and general information about the US Citizenship and Immigration Service. Applicants seeking citizenship will receive their ceremony date and time from the US Citizenship and Immigration Service.
2018 NATURALIZATION DATES
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - 1:00 pm only (Miller Performing Arts, Jefferson City, MO)
- Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 1:00 pm only (George Washington Carver National Monument, Diamond, MO)
- Wednesday, June 6, 2018 - 11:00 am only (The Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, 4525 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64111)
- Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- Wednesday, July 18, 2018 - 9:00 am pictures - 11:30 am pictures - 2:00 pm pictures
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 - 9:00 am pictures - 11:30 am pictures - 2:00 pm pictures
- Friday, September 14, 2018 – 10:00 am only (Harry S. Truman Library, Kansas City, Constitution Day)
- Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 11:30 am only (Missouri State University, 901 S. National Ave., Springfield, MO 65897)
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018 - 11:00 am only (Kansas City Missouri Public Library)
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Dates are subject to change. Please contact the courthouse to verify ceremony information.
Ceremony Location and Times
Unless otherwise noted, all ceremonies are conducted in the Kansas City Courthouse, Courtroom 8C at 9:00 am, 11:30 am and 2:00 pm and last approximately 45 minutes.
All APPLICANTS FOR CITIZENSHIP must arrive at the time indicated on the notice from the USCIS.
Family and friends may arrive with applicants, but seating in the courtroom doesn't begin until 15 minutes prior to the ceremony.
Photographs and Camera Use
Cameras are only allowed in the courtroom during naturalization ceremonies. No cell phones are allowed in courthouse
Naturalization records of persons naturalized in this court are stored according to date and may be obtained by contacting the agency listed below:
- From 1992 to Present
U.S. District Court – Western Missouri
- From 1991 and Prior
National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Kansas City Region
400 West Pershing Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64108
If you wish to replace a lost Certificate of Naturalization, you must complete form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization Citizenship Document, and pay the appropriate fee. The form and additional filing information is available at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website: USCIS.GOV under search our site, look for form N-565 or click the following link, https://www.uscis.gov/n-565.